One In Three: A Netgalley Review

 This is one of the best thrillers that I have read ALL year! I honestly don't even know where to start with this review.

Thanks to Netgalley for allowing me to read and review a copy of Tess Stimson's newest novel; One in Three out in December of 2020.



This story follows our main characters Louise, Andrew, and Caz. Louise and Andrew were married, until Andrew cheated on Louise with Caz and married Caz. Louise's mother invites her family, including Caz and Andrew, to an anniversary celebration weekend. A weekend that ends with Andrew being brutally murdered. The question of who did it is a hot one, as both Louise and Caz were at the scene of the crime and have had a war going on between them for four years now. 

The foreshadowing in this book was excellent! Tess Stimson does an excellent job of keeping the reader guessing but also setting the reader up to future events that will occur. It was absolutely brilliant. There were times I was reading this book, not realizing where it was going, and being absolutely shocked! I mean the kind of shock that has you with your jaw open and walking away from a book for a few minutes to wrap your head around the craziness. It was stunning!

I honestly DID NOT  know where this book was going to go. I had so many guesses and was wrong almost every single time. This book takes a dark path that is addicting and keeps you wanting more. Once I hit the 50% mark, I was devouring this book and could not put it down. I HAD to know what happened and where it was going.

I was actually very surprised by the reveal at the end. Literal pages before the last page of the book has you thinking one thing, I mean the evidence is there, but then there's a gut-turning twist right before the ending that has you sitting there wondering how you could have missed this. I mean, every thriller should be like that! I love not being able to guess the ending or the twists. It makes it much more of a fun ride than if I am able to predict every event or twist that is going to occur. 

I highly recommend this book to readers out there who love a good, dark, and twisted thriller. This one will NOT disappoint, I promise!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Me In: A BiRacial Story Set During A Trying Time