The One: A Review

O. M. G.

This book was PHENOMENAL!



It's true, I read this in a day because it caught my attention so wholeheartedly, I could not put it down. I even had to take breaks from editing my videos for Booktube because I HAD to know what happens next! This book was truly a whirlwind, in the very best way. Cass knew what she was doing when she wrote this novel, and I am so glad that there are two other books (even if it follows Maxon & America's daughter), so that I can still get my dose of cuteness from Maxon's devotion to America.

I truly thought that America had lost when Maxon found out about Aspen. I was shaking my head and hitting myself in the forehead when America finally came clean. To think that Kriss was going to win, after she was found to be a rebel (sorry Aspen). And then, Maxon surprises us all and risks his life for America by diving in front of a bullet meant to KILL her! 

Then, to find out America's father was a rebel?! I can't say that I am surprised but at the same time that reveal had me shook. It makes a lot of sense about how Georgia & August knew about the diaries before America talked about them in front of the King. 

And whose heart didn't break when Celeste was brutally murdered? I mean she really turned herself around in this book and I was starting to root for her. I could see her being a really good ally and confidant for America. 

I am sad that the King & Queen were killed and I would have loved to see Maxon stand up to his father one last time to let him know that he was choosing America. 

Chapter after chapter was full of so many events and twists & turns, that one minute I was happy and the next I was seething. I didn't find any of it corny or predictable either. I also was happy to see Aspen paired with Lucy because they bring out the good in one another and he finally moved on from America (Thank God) cause he was really starting to get on my nerves. I was surprised Maxon was so chill about Aspen walking America down the aisle, but then again he would do anything for her and probably came to realize (behind the scenes) that Aspen really was like family to America and he knew how important family was to her. (I also died when he bought a house for her family to be close by). 

I ended this book with a huge smile on my face. This was easily the best one out of the three. It was full of action, twists, and emotion. It kept me hooked from the first page and I could not put it down (literally). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Me In: A BiRacial Story Set During A Trying Time