Times Like These: A Netgalley Review

Hi friends!

I am back with another Netgalley Review, and this one is going to be a short one because I DNF'ed at 5%. (DNF = Did Not Finish)

Yes. I know what you're thinking; how did she DNF when she was only 5% in? I simply did this because the first three chapters did not catch my interest and I felt like I was wasting my time, when I could be reading another book in my long and never-ending TBR. 

The book that I am talking about? Well that's Times Like These by Laura Carter, due to be released on June 29, 2020.



I wanted this book on Netgalley because the cover is cute, the title is catchy, and it's in Women's Fiction (one of my new favorite genres).

This book follows four women: Sophia, Hannah, Rosalie, & Andrea. Within the first two pages, literally, we are introduced to our four main ladies along with three or four other characters and it got confusing really quickly.

All I know is that Sophia and Andrea are sisters, and Hannah has been best friends with Andrea for her whole life pretty much and then Rosalie gets into the mix somehow. I couldn't really tell you more because I only made it 5% in. 

I think that it was just too many characters at once, and they should have been introduced gradually instead of all at once. I had to keep asking myself who was related to who, who was dating who, and if I needed to draw out a Genogram or something. 

I mean, this book might get better. I don't really know and I couldn't honestly tell you. I just know that the first three chapters made me realize that this book was indeed not for me. 

You can't like them all right?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Me In: A BiRacial Story Set During A Trying Time