The Crown: All Good Things Must Come to An End

Hi Friends!

I just finished the Selection series (way ahead of time) and I am sad to be done with it. I definitely think that the series itself could have ended at book three (the best book), but I can understand why Kiera Cass went and made two more books about America and Maxon's eldest child and their way to the throne. 

This book felt the most rushed and most thrown together. It was the shortest, and by the end it seemed as though Cass was done with the series and just threw this one together for the sake of it. I mean, the epilogue was only one page, and not even a full page at that. 



Eadlyn was much MORE tolerable in this book and really showed some serious character development as she began to make political moves and try to follow in her father's foot steps. She begins to realize that her brother was right and she really is very self-centered and selfish, but she also grew up being told she was the most powerful, so what else did you expect to happen? It was nice to see her acknowledge her faults and find ways to learn from them, especially with her political move at the end of truly listening to the people and allowing them to have more of say on what goes on in their monarchy. 

The love interest that Eadlyn finally chose was unexpected and...random. I can sense why she chose who she did, mostly because it fits her original views, but I felt like there was no development of the romance between the two and that it just kind of happened and all of a sudden they were telling one another that they loved each other. I mean, Maxon and America's was also kind of rushed but there was way more development between them then there was between Eadlyn and her choice. 

Even in his old age, you could still see the devotion that Maxon has for America. 

Overall, this book was much better than The Heir and a nice way to end off the series. I would have liked to see a little bit more in this one, but with what Cass produced I understand why it was written as short as it was and why certain things happened the way that they did.

"But the truth is, love is as much fate as it is planning, as much a beauty as it is a disaster."

I truly loved this series and am glad that I finally took a chance on it! I have been wanting to for a long time so I am happy to know that I finally picked them up and read them.

Rating: 4 stars 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Me In: A BiRacial Story Set During A Trying Time