The Elite: Aspen or Maxon?

Hi Friends!

Holy crap. This Selection series is so addicting, I just want to spend all day reading! The second installment, The Elite was (almost) as good as the first book, The Selection. 



The Elite takes place immediately after where the first book ends and goes into more depth about the Selection process, the remaining girls, and America's feelings. 

America was really getting on my nerves during this book, which is why I am rating this one lower than the first, even though I couldn't put it down. It was annoying how America kept going back and forth between Maxon and Aspen. I understand that it was needed for the sake of the plot and the advertised love-triangle, but it seemed that every time she realized her true feelings for Maxon, Aspen would conveniently sweep in and make all these promises, reminding America of where they came from. It felt to me as though Aspen was trying to interfere and sabotage America's chances with Maxon, despite the devotion she clearly has for Maxon, that is obvious to everyone except her (even her maids see it). 

I loved how Maxon treated America's family, despite the fact that they come from a much lower caste than Maxon. Maxon's heart is so pure, it makes me swoon and just want to hug him. 

This book opened with a punch and I found myself with an open jaw several times (especially at that ending) and had to keep reading another chapter with all the cliffhangers and action that took place throughout this installment. I loved how fierce America was though in regards to her own values and beliefs, and fighting for them even when she may have landed a target on her back. Her motivation and devotion to her country, even if she does not realize it, would make her the perfect fit to be princess and then queen one day. I just wish she would stop being so freaking stubborn at times and stop trying to hide her feelings. I understand why she is so devoted to Aspen, but he treated her like crap (in my opinion) and he does remind her of home, but he would only make her not be able to reach her full potential and would easily hold her back. 

Overall, a great story and a great sequel. I have no idea what I am going to do when this series ends, but luckily I have three books left to go (for now).

Rating: 4 Stars 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Me In: A BiRacial Story Set During A Trying Time