10 Things I Hate (Love?) About Pinky

Hi Friends!


My god. Just when I think Sandhya Menon can't write any more adorable romances, she comes and releases her newest Dimpleverse companion novel, 10 Things I Hate About Pinky



Ever since I stumbled upon When Dimple Met Rishi (one of my favorites of all-time) I was HOOKED on Menon's story telling skills. Then, when I got to meet her in the flesh at BookCon last year, she was even more adorable and sweet in person! 

Her romances are so very cute and witty. The cast of characters showing up in one another's stories is so fun and really builds a world for the readers and shows a strong sense of community. All of her characters follow Indian culture, which I find very interesting and exciting to learn more about in each story that she tells. 

Pinky has been present in all the Dimpleverse books so far, and I have been anxiously waiting for her own story to happen so that I can learn more about her and the passion that she has for social justice. She is a freaking rock star. I love how she is full of life and Samir is very anxious, and the two of them blossom together in an adorable romance that started out as fake and turning into love. (Even when Pinky is being a big butthead). 

Menon has a way of telling stories that make your heart happy and gives you that warm, fuzzy feeling that you get when you see your crush for the first time in a long time. I could seriously read 700 different parts of the Dimpleverse series and still be so happy. These characters feel so real and their romances really give me hope, and brighten up my day. 

I loved seeing the romance play out in this book but also seeing the role of family, as Pinky was working out her relationship with her mother, and all of the causes she was fighting for. It was also interesting to see how she was different from Dimple & Sweetie in regards to her father not being around and her step-father playing a prominent role in her life as her father. I liked how she embraced her feelings for Samir, even when it absolutely terrified her and showed a lot of character growth on her end. 

Rating: 5 Stars 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Color Me In: A BiRacial Story Set During A Trying Time